December 1, 2008

Scene It? Box Office Smash

I was first introduced to Scene It? Box Office Smash at a Xbox Casual Gaming night in November where I faced off against other gamers from the media and Xbox Community. It took me a little bit to get used to how each category worked, but I slowly made a come back to overtake first place. In the end though I lost my comeback steam and fell in the rankings and had to settle for a dismal second place. Even with my last minute loss I had so much fun that I rushed out to get my own copy so that I could practice and compete against my friends and family.

The beauty of Scene It? is how easy it is to pick up and play. The four controllers that come packaged with Scene It? are easy for new gamers to pick up the game and experienced gamers will adjust just as quick.. The controllers have been designed with ease in mind and have large round button on top that acts as your buzzer and four buttons below that correspond to the answers on screen. If you can push buttons, you can play Scene It?

Being a movie buff I really looked forward to taking on all challengers, but I quickly learned you don’t have to be a huge movie buff to be competitive. There are 20 puzzle types to play through and even though they are movie themed the puzzles can be solved from a casual movie watcher. The puzzles are as simple as solving anagrams & pictograms or as difficult as figuring out a movie from its credits or movie poster. You don’t have to worry about knowing every single movie there is because the trivia content covers the years with classic black and white movies to present day selections. With the New Xbox Experience launched it was a pleasure being able to use my Xbox Avatar within Scene It?. This is an additional feature that just adds on to a great party game that can be played with family and friends.

When I was growing up we had many movie nights and they became the rare occasion when the whole family got together to spend some time with each other. Scene It? will provide a new alternative to your normal family fun nights. Movies, trivia and a competitive spirit is almost guaranteed to give your family & friends an enjoyable, pleasant night of laughter and memories.

No comments: